Amarok is behaving weirdly after updating phonon-backend-gstreamer

Christian González chgonzalezg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 15:30:58 UTC 2012

After updating phonon-backend-gstreamer to 4.6.1 (using kde-testing
repo), Amarok is behaving weirdly:

* Every track in playlist is played twice.
* When you clean your playlist while playing some track and put
another tracks on it, sometimes Amarok continue to play tracks from
the former playlist.

I've reproduced the same symptoms on a co-worker's laptop. Removing
.kde/share/apps/amarok and .kde/share/config/amarok* do not fix it.

More info:

[christian at laptop ~]$ rpm -q amarok phonon-backend-gstreamer kdelibs
amarok-2.5.90-1.fc17.x86_64
phonon-backend-gstreamer-4.6.1-1.fc17.x86_64
phonon-backend-gstreamer-4.6.1-1.fc17.i686
kdelibs-4.8.97-3.fc17.x86_64

My guess is that this bug is related to "gapless" feature included in
phonon-gstreamer [1], but I'm not sure about that. Others music
players (Clementine, Tepsonic, qmmp, YaRock, Banshee) are OK.

Is there somebody seeing the same problem? Should I file a bug against
phonon-gstreamer or Amarok?

[1] http://wm161.net/2012/07/13/phonon-gstreamer-4-6-1/
--
Christian González G.