kde-4.9rc (kde-4.8.95) in f17 kde-unstable repo

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Sun Jul 22 19:07:06 UTC 2012

On 07/20/2012 12:41 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
> I'm thinking of trying the kde-unstable again.  I haven't done this for quite a
> while.  I'm a bit hesitant because IIRC following this path can lead to big
> problems to later get back into distro sync.
>
> Is this true?  Is there a fairly painless way to:
>
> 1) Assuming kde4.9 goes into F17, get back in sync with F17?

This is possible since most of what goes into kde-unstable is code that
is/will be in Fedora. In the worst case running yum disto-sync should do it.
> 2) Assume some disaster, go back to current F17?

That is not possible in general since the configuration files are
migrated to the new version and it is not easy to revert this even if
all rpm packages can be reverted.

Regards,

--
José Matos