KDE Unstable

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Jul 24 18:03:32 UTC 2012

Jayson Rowe wrote:

> I'm thinking of trying the KDE-Unstable, and I was just wondering what
> to expect - is it really 'unstable' or just leading edge? I wouldn't
> try it on my work machine, but wondering if it's usually okay on a
> home machine, and any caveats I might could expect.

Unstable is *generally* closer to leading edge, containing testable backport
builds from fedora rawhide/development tree.

Some of these components will likely find there way into prior fedora
releases officially, but you probably should have the ability to manually
back out or downgrade packages if things go bad.

> >Also, do I need to
> enable both Testing and Unstable or just Unstable?

both is recommended

-- rex