4.8.4

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Fri Jun 8 13:35:15 UTC 2012

On 06/08/2012 04:02 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 06/08/2012 06:15 AM, Eli Wapniarski wrote:
>> On 06/08/2012 04:59 AM, Peter Gueckel wrote:
>>> danke :-)
>>
>> Dang.... I now have to use an email client other than kmail to send
>> messages.
>>
>> I wanted to reply to this email and kmail crashed. :(
>>

>> One of those things that make you go hmmmm.
>
> Part of the fun of -testing stuff. :-/
>
> Anyway, I can reproduce (only against certain imap accounts, my gmail
> and exchange ones, but not uw-imap).  Seems nepomuk related, disabling
> it makes crash go away.

My imap server is cyrus-imap. Turning off nepomuk makes navigating
through emails as slow as molasses and makes searching for emails
impossible. Essentially kmail has become extremely difficult to use. :(

And while kdepim 4.8.4 is in the testing repo. KDE has released it as a
bug fix / stable release.

So, I guess I'm a bit confused as to what we mean by stable / testing.

I was under the impression that the testing repo packaged a version that
KDE has marked as stable and has yet been fully tested as to its ability
to be installed and integrated into the corresponding version of Fedora.
Am I wrong?

Eli

believed to be clean.