Kmail on 4.8.3, Fedora 17 is constantly closing due to a segfault 11

Victor B. Gonzalez fedoraproject at vbgunz.com
Mon Jun 11 00:05:59 UTC 2012

I have flash-plugin version 11.2.202.236, on Fedora 17 64, using KDE 4.8.3. I
was really happy that disabling cache and probably switching webkit to KHTML
helped *but* this morning, after resuming from a suspend, I switched from a
sub-folder that contains this mailing list to my inbox and Kmail crashed with
a segfault 11.

I just wish rather than crashing some really mean things were written to a log
or something instead. I give full permission to use profanity in my logs if
necessary. I just wish using Kmail didn't feel like using beta software, it's
probably my 2nd most important application of all time :(

On Sunday, June 10, 2012 11:25:34 AM Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 06/10/2012 11:20 AM, Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> > Nope... Configured khtml and I have the latest greatest installed from
> > adobe's repo.
>
> OK, strange then.  that's when my crashes stop happening.
>
> -- rex

> >> In my experience, this is related to having and old (< 11.2 version)
> >> flash-plugin installed *and* defaulting konq to using webkit over khtml.
> >>
> >> Does this match your setup?
> >>
> >> (though having a backtrace could help confirm that or not)
> >>
> >> -- rex
Best Regards
Victor B. Gonzalez