KMail/IMAP cannot add top-level folder

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Jun 15 14:48:06 UTC 2012

When I click on a top-level account in KMail on an IMAP client,
the File->New->Add Folder option is greyed out,
although it is available to create a sub-folder of an existing folder.

I know I can create a new folder by creating a subdirectory .<whatever>
in ~/Maildir on the IMAP server; but is this really the only way?

Also: is there any way of re-ordering the folders in KMail ?
I created a new folder in the above fashion,
but it is listed out of alphabetical order.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net