Mouse Clicks

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sat May 26 23:42:08 UTC 2012

On 2012/05/26 16:12 (GMT-0600) Peter Gueckel composed:

> g wrote:

>>  so, have you tried a different mouse yet?

> Yeah. I just plugged in the ps/2 mouse with the usb adaptor and there are no
> problems. I really didn't believe that the other mouse was wearing out, but this is
> the proof.

If you're fond of the old one, and have less likable devices around, you
might try switch replacement. I've had to do that with my Marble F/X, since
nothing close to its perfection has ever been made since, and used ones are
insanely priced on eBay. You might be surprised to find switches from a $2
mouse fit just right and work the same as those from high priced models.

Before bothering trying to replace, you might want to hit the switches with
compressed gas and/or contact cleaner.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/