Kde Startup delays for 10 - 20 seconds (partially caused by nepomuk)

Rex Dieter rdieter at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 6 14:33:35 UTC 2012

On 11/06/2012 07:39 AM, Ubay Dorta Guerra wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I have Fedora 17 with the home directory mounted via autofs (NFS)
> and the following versions of kdelibs:
>
> kdelibs-common-4.9.2-5.fc17.x86_64
> kdelibs-4.9.2-5.fc17.x86_64
>
>     Sometimes the kde startup sound delays up to 1 minute (you can see
> the /var/log/messages file below).
>
>     I've tried to disable nepomuk (modifed
> /usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile/default/share/config/nepomukserverrc) and
> pulseaudio (removed /etc/xdg/autostart/pulseaudio-kde.desktop), and the
> problem is still present.

As for nepomuk, modifying nepomukserverrc only affects new users.
Existing users will need to disable nepomuk via
systemsettings->desktop search

*And*, if you want to go modifying systemwide *rc files, plop the
modified one into /etc/kde instead.  That way, it's not overwritten on
any updates, for example.