Qt5 plan

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Sep 23 16:34:16 UTC 2012

Sonic wrote:
>    Just asking out of curiosity. When Qt5 is released, what will be our
> packaging plan? Will Qt4 and Qt5 co-exist as Qt3/Qt4 do now?

Yes, of course. They are binary-incompatible and to some extent source-
incompatible, so we cannot expect all software to instantly use the new
Qt 5, thus a compatibility package will be maintained, as for Qt 3 (as long
as it is needed, possibly "forever"). You will be able to have Qt 3, 4 and 5
installed all at the same time. (I still have no plans to drop Qt 3. Even if
the other maintainers resign, I'll pick it up.)

        Kevin Kofler