qt-4.8/kde-4.10 (hopefully) for rhel6 coming soon

Alf B. Rustad alf at mykolab.com
Fri Apr 5 08:06:54 UTC 2013

On 04.04.2013 18:27, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Alf B. Rustad wrote:
>
>> About wishes, rekonq is a nice to have,
>
> OK, added: rekonq-2.2.1-2.el6
>
> -- rex

That was quick! Have to say Chrome was a huge disappointment (haven't
really used it before), the only way to navigate the bookmarks is by the
mouse, no shortcuts. No more updates to Red Hat also makes Chrome a poor
alternative. So, Rekonq testing is on. Unfortunately there are issues
with Rekonq. I suspect they have little to do with your packaging, but I
mention them here first anyway.
-Rekonq does not remember my choice of search engine and keeps asking
every time I start it (and more importantly, I cannot get search engines
working).
-The keyboard shortcut Alt+B to bookmarks does not work (yes I have put
the bookmark icon on the toolbar which usually does the trick for
Rekonq)
-Authentication does not work for any of the services I need, could be
due to mixed linux/windows environment set-up (this should probably be a
feature request for Rekonq, it does work on Chrome and Firefox, but not
on Konqueror either)
Feedback on these are welcome, I can submit bug-reports (or feature
requests) where warranted.

So, at the end of the day I may put up with the file-locking in Firefox
for some time to come.

Aaaand, the machine now seems stable *crossing fingers* :)

Cheers,
Alf