kde session keyboard settings

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 24 13:18:53 UTC 2013

On 24/12/13 01:30, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Roderick Johnstone wrote:
>> Does kde try to set the keyboard type and layout on login?
>>
>> If so, how can I stop it doing that and accept whatever was set before
>> startkde was run?
>
> See System Settings / Hardware / Input Devices / Keyboard.
>
>          Kevin Kofler

Kevin

Thanks for your reply. I have been there but don't see how to turn off
the automatic keyboard settings. I may be starting the x2go session from
multiple clients with different keyboards so just want kde to use
whatever was set by x2go.

I put some diagnostics into /usr/bin/startkde and the keyboard mappings
are correct when startkde starts, but by the time the session is
established they are overridden by kde.

Roderick