Strange painting issue

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 16:59:13 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I've got a perplexing issue whereby a Qt app (qtractor) instantiates a
plugin with a GTK UI - the UI of the plugin always comes up black.
However running qtractor with the same plugin under XFCE does not
exhibit this problem.

Qtractor uses the suil library to instantiate the plugin UI's - it
bascially reads the meta-data of a plugin and calls the appropriate suil
sub-library to handle instantiation. The host shouldn't care.

However, there is another app called jalv, a command line LV2 host which
also uses the suil library and it doesn't exhibit this problem.

I have desktop effects turned off etc. Any ideas what might be the problem?

Note I am using the prop. nvidia driver.

regards,

Brendan