Install Plasma Resources???

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Feb 28 01:53:23 UTC 2013

Lester M Petrie wrote:
> I installed F18 last week, and now when I log in, I get a pop up message
> box with the subject as the title.  The top line then says "Plasma
> requires an additional service for this operation".  Then there is an
> icon with "script engine" out to the side.

So this is very strange, normally it should be asking for some specific
script engine, like "python script engine" or "ruby script engine". Just
asking for "script engine" looks broken to me, and it's no big surprise that
it isn't finding it. (The empty string is not a valid scripting language.
;-) )

> The only other strange thing that I observe that might possibly be
> connected is that when I try to start yumex, it fails with a message
> YUM: The value for the SHELL variable was not found the /etc/shells file

This may or may not be related.

It's possible (but not necessarily the case) that both problems are symptoms
of a more profound issue.

        Kevin Kofler