f19: call for testing/karma

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 11:20:56 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 19 June 2013 19:56:16 Martin Kho wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 June 2013 19:25:23 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> > On Wednesday 19 of June 2013 13:36:40 Martin Kho wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Overall kscreen works great! I've just one little question wrt. my dual
> > > monitor setup. The first time kscreen starts, it 'changes' my primary
> > > connection from hdmi - xrandr default - to dvi. Is there a reason for
> > > this
> > > switch?
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > "first time" as in every time after login? That's definitely a bug. Please
> > open a new bug on bugs.kde.org, product KScreen and attach output from
> > "kscreen- console bug".
> >
> > If it happens only after first login into a clear new account, it's
> > probably because a generic "optimal" configuration is created, setting
> > the biggest monitor as primary.
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> It happens only once when a new user logs in for the first time, your second
> suggestion. Not a real bug I suppose.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin Kho

Hi Dan,

Correction. I thought kscreen 1.0-1 was standard already in TC5, but it
wasn't. On my 'regular' f19 testing (updates-testing enabled) there is no
switching when a new user logs in for the first time. I assume that the commit
'In case of equally big screens, keep the first one' by Alex Fiestas [1]
'solved' it. My screen are the same size, first is primary.

Again, an excellent piece of software, thanks!

Martin Kho

[1]
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kscreen.git&a=commit&h=d4b93be33bf34189a91b08101c3c99139e158bfc