qt-4.8/kde-4.10 (hopefully) for rhel6 coming soon

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Mar 1 16:41:46 UTC 2013

folks have repeatedly asked about newer/featureful kde builds for rhel6
over the years, and I've put off mostly due to lack of interest and
time... until yesterday.

Making some good progress, so our mostly empty rhel6 kde-testing repo
should see some significant content showing up over the next week or so.
  Warning:  It'll be rough initially, we're at the "it builds! ship
it..." stages, so copious testing and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

My strategy so far is to minimize upgrading core el6 packages as much as
reasonably possible.  We'll see how far that takes us.

-- rex