Question about Akonadi Configuration

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Mon Mar 18 18:13:45 UTC 2013

I looking into linking my Google Account into KMail, Contacts and Calendar
- so I took a look at the Configuration of Akonadi PIM framework under
system settings.  I had about thirty instances of the Personal Contacts
agent, 10 Notes Agents, you get the idea.  I probably shouldn't have but I
deleted all the duplicates.  Now I have the following:

Personal Calendar - Ready
akonadi_googlecontacts_resource_0 - Ready
Personal Contacts - Ready
akonadi_akonotes_resource_0 - Ready
akonadi_akonotes_resource_1 - Ready
akonadi_akonotes_resource_2 - Ready
Notes - Ready
Active Alarms - Ready
Archived Alarms - Ready
Alarm Templates - Ready
Default Address Book - No file Selected
Local Folders - Ready

My question is why all the duplicates, were they needed?  Do I need three
akonotes_resources?  I did do some google searches to try to figure what
was going on, but couldn't really find anything.  Just trying to understand
this stuff a bit...

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.  ;-)