Missing Apps on taskbar scare...

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Mar 19 02:07:26 UTC 2013

Got a "scare" today and thought I would pass it on in the event anyone happens on the same situation.

I did an update late last night to KDE 4.10.  I had previously tested and found no problems.  I logged out/in and checked emails and did some surfing but that was about it before heading to bed.

This AM I started doing more work with different apps and I found, to my horror, that when I minimized them they would not appear in the task bar.  Brain started thinking, how can I rollback the update.....

The "problem" turned out to be in Task Manger Settings where I found the filter "Only show tasks from the current activity" checked.  AFAIK, I'd never checked that.