more power management issues

Oliver Henshaw oliver.henshaw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 16:11:43 UTC 2013

On 9 March 2013 20:20, Oliver Henshaw <oliver.henshaw at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 March 2013 18:59, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Oliver Henshaw wrote:
>>>
>>> What are the settings in System Settings -> Display and Monitor ->
>>> Screen Locker ? Particularly "Start automatically after" and "Require
>>> password after".
>>
>> start after 10 minutes
>> require after <null>
>
> This is expected behaviour if the screenlocker has activated itself
> and the laptop later suspends itself. You need to select "Require
> after" to make the locker require the password to unlock.
>
> But if you suspend the laptop yourself, or have it suspend when you
> close the lid, this shouldn't be happening. What are your settings in
> Power Management -> Energy Saving ("Suspend Session" and "When laptop
> lid closed") and -> Advanced Settings?

Actually, I was wrong. This is indeed a regression from 4.9. The
"require password after" configuration applies when the screenlocker
activates itself, as I said; but if anything else locks the screen
while it is locked then it should start requiring a password, no
matter what.  So "Lock screen on resume" should mean that the screen
is locked and requires a password, whether it required a password
before suspend or not.

There's a fix at https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/109608/

Sorry I didn't notice this earlier.