KDE 4.10.1 systray issue

Lester M. Petrie Jr. petrielmjr at ornl.gov
Thu Mar 21 17:34:43 UTC 2013

On Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:24:47 AM Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 03/21/2013 10:21 AM, Lester M. Petrie Jr. wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I updated Fedora 17 to KDE 4.10.1 this morning. It has basically fixed
> > one issue I have had for about 6 months where I always started in
> > desktop 2. After updating to 4.10, I am starting in desktop 1 again. The
> > issue with systray is that I like to have YAWP running, and now it
> > overlaps about 80% of the systray. This makes it very tricky to select
> > an item from the systray. Is anyone else seeing something like this, or
> > have a fix for it? Is there some way to run YAWP without putting it in
> > the systray?
>
> You can run plasma widgets almost anywhere, including desktop, in panel,
> or many support systray operation too.
>
> I see there's a yawp update on the way, maybe test that?
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/kde-plasma-yawp-0.4.4-2.fc17
>
> -- rex

That version behaves in the same way.  The problem may be with systray not expanding
properly rather than yawp.  I have put it on the desktop for the time being.  It is not quite as
nice there, as it gets covered up and doesn't automatically get uncovered by moving my
mouse over it, but it better than having double entries everywhere in systray.

--
Lester M Petrie
865-574-5259
petrielmjr at ornl.gov