virtuoso taking too much cpu time

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Nov 1 15:53:40 UTC 2013

José Matos wrote:

> For the last month or so I am having the problem that virtuoso-t is
> hogging the cpu even when file and email indexing are suspended.
>
> My main issue was that mail reading under kmail got really slow and while
> searching on the net for it I did not got any clue of how to see what
> virtuoso was doing and how to fix this issue.
>
> Today I deactivated desktop search in system settings and now reading
> email got fast (and usable) again.
>
> I am writing this message hoping that someone has an hint how to fix/debug
> this.

Mine on my relatively fresh f20 install started doing that too... knowing
it's contents were relatively small/nil, I just stopped nepomuk, rm -rf
~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/ , started nepomuk fresh

Before clearing it, I did see a *lot* of errors logged to
.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend/soprano-
virtuoso.log, repeating this a bunch:

22:15:32 Error executing a cluster RDF inf init: 22023: SR496: Property
<http://www.openlinksw.com/schemas/virtrdf#qmfMapsOnlyNullToNull> is not a
field of struct qm_format_s, RDF class
<http://www.openlinksw.com/schemas/virtrdf#QuadMapFormat>

and some:

22:13:25 Error executing a server init statement : 22023: SR496: Property
<http://www.openlinksw.com/schemas/virtrdf#qmfMapsOnlyNullToNull> is not a
field of struct qm_format_s, R
DF class <http://www.openlinksw.com/schemas/virtrdf#QuadMapFormat> --
DB.DBA.RDF_INIT_SINGLE_SERVER ()

22:13:26 The xpf extension function
http://www.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/xslt/:docproxyIRI->DB.DBA.RDF_SPONGE_PROXY_IRI does not exist. Please delete the corresponding
row from DB.D
BA.SYS_XPF_EXTENSIONS and restart the server.
22:13:26 Error executing a server init statement : 22023: SR496: Property
<http://www.openlinksw.com/schemas/virtrdf#qmfMapsOnlyNullToNull> is not a
field of struct qm_format_s, R
DF class <http://www.openlinksw.com/schemas/virtrdf#QuadMapFormat> --
DB.DBA.RDF_QUAD_FT_UPGRADE ()