KDE 4.11.00 intermittently forgets plasmoids (2013-10-05)

Steven P. Ulrick meow8282 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 17:51:52 UTC 2013

Well, I don't know for sure, but if I login to KDE Safe Mode and take a
screenshot of the "Activities" settings at the bottom of the screen,
this is what I see:
http://www.afolkey2.us/gallery3/index.php/Assorted/KDE4_11_2-Desktop-Screenshot-GOOD-Activities_SafeModeLogin

If I take a similar screenshot while logging into a regular KDE
session, this is what it looks like:
http://www.afolkey2.us/gallery3/index.php/Assorted/KDE4_11_2-Desktop-Screenshot-BAD-Activities_RegularLogin

Activities may have something to do with my problem.  But, I tried them
a long time ago and decided that I wouldn't ever mess with them again
(they just weren't worth what I considered to be all the hassle.)
Translation: for quite a while KDE just respected all of my desktop
settings.  Then, without making any changes, my plasmoids and other
desktop settings just started to disappear when I logged out and then
back in.  Also, I used to be able to reboot and log back into a KDE
session that looked like it is suppsed to:
http://afolkey2.us/gallery3/index.php/Assorted/KDE4_11_00-Desktop-Screenshot-GOOD

But today when I rebooted and logged back in, I got this:
http://afolkey2.us/gallery3/index.php/Assorted/KDE4_11_00-Desktop-Screenshot-BAD

Now, the only way to get my desktop looking like it is supposed to is
to login to the KDE Safe Mode...