qt5 update?

Joonas Sarajärvi muep at iki.fi
Sun Oct 20 10:00:00 UTC 2013

2013/10/20 Peter Gueckel <pgueckel at gmail.com>:
> Are there any procedures involved in updating the system from qt4 to
> qt5 in Fedora 19; or
>
> will yum update do it automatically (so far, nothing happened, but
> maybe the mirrors are not yet up-to-date)?
>From a user's point of view,  Qt 5 is not a drop-in replacement for Qt
4, so yum will not do any automatic replacement. You also can not use
Qt 5 with an application that was built to be used with Qt 4, so there
is no manual procedure to do so either. As a user, you do not really
need to take any action about the situation at all.

If you install an application that happens to need Qt 5, yum will
automatically also pull you copy of Qt 5 that can safely be used
alongside Qt 4. I am not sure if there are applications that need Qt 5
in Fedora yet, but I am fairly sure that the number of those will
increase as time goes on.

-Joonas