Best option for Qt5 on RHEL6

Syam Krishnan syamcr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 05:29:56 UTC 2013

On 08/30/2013 08:47 AM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 08/29/2013 08:48 PM, Syam Krishnan wrote:
>>
>> So, please advice on my best option for Qt5/RHEL6..
>
> Probably rebuilding the the fedora src.rpm's.  May require minor
> tweaking wrt dependencies and such.  I'd be willing to adapt things to
> make it work.

So far, I've successfully built qtbase, qtjsbackend, qtdeclarative.
qtwebkit is being built.

I've had to make only the following changes:

Comment out pkgconfig(atspi-2), pkgconfig(glesv2) and
pkgconfig(icu-i18n) from qtbase & pkgconfig(atspi-2) from qtwebkit build
requires.

(of course, webkit build is still going on.. fingers crossed!)

I now have one doubt regarding pcre.
For building qtwebkit, I had to yum install pcre-devel. When I checked
qtbase spec file, I found that -qt-pcre is passed for fedora < 17.
Now that qtwebkit will be using system pcre & qtbase was compiled wih
its own pcre, will there be any issues?
Should I edit qtbase spec file to use system pcre (although the fedora
17 case specifies >= 8.30 while CentOS has only 7.8) and rebuild everything?

Thanks and regards,

Syam