unsucrube

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Sep 11 17:33:25 UTC 2013

Am 11.09.2013 19:23, schrieb Felix Miata:
> On 2013-09-11 19:12 (GMT+0200) Reindl Harald composed:
>
>> well, what about read the list-footer and do it yourself
>> because you subscribed yourself and mailing.ists are not
>> maintained in this context?
>
> One who does not see the list footer will not read the list footer. Some email apps hide a line that contains only
> "-- " and whatever follows it

then report a bug for the *horrible broken* mailapp!

"-- " is the begin of a signature and the intention of this is *not* include footers
and signatures in replies *but not* to supress it completly and it's done this way in
case of footers because most people are too dumb for strip quotes in their replies

however, any mailing-list on this planet will send you a welcome message
with instructions how to post, change your settings and unsubscribe and
nobody can help read such mails and instructions

on no mailing-list at all you send "unscubscribe" to all subscribers in the hope
someone does your job - honestly it scares me how often people act blindly in this
context and not use a search machine in doubt