kde domain logon

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 07:06:22 UTC 2013

I think rex is right about the problem not being kde, I can't seem to
login using winbind credentials via console/ssh either.

And I've spotted this error in the logs :

[sssd[ldap_child[1827]]]: Failed to initialize credentials using
keytab [default]: Preauthentication failed. Unable to create
GSSAPI-encrypted LDAP connection.
[sssd[ldap_child[1827]]]: Preauthentication failed
[sssd[ldap_child[1828]]]: Failed to initialize credentials using
keytab [default]: Preauthentication failed. Unable to create
GSSAPI-encrypted LDAP connection.
[sssd[ldap_child[1828]]]: Preauthentication failed

Which indicate its something with sssd/ldap/winbind/pam.
Still digging, there are multiple hits in google.

Cheers