KMail painfully slow... why?

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Fri Sep 20 06:40:56 UTC 2013

On Thursday 19 of September 2013 10:28:42 fedora at howlingfrog.com wrote:
> While I've had no end of grief w/kmail2 after it switched to akonadi and
> have never been able to get search working, something else has popped up
> lately.
>
> Over the last two or three months, kmail2 has gotten *PAINFULLY* slow at
> doing just about anything.  Click to switch from one message to another,
> and sometimes I can wait as long as 90s before the UI updates.  Don't even
> get the "loading" screen, just waiting before it does anything.

When this happen, could you please attach gdb to the kmail process and get a
full backtrace? Please install at least kdepim-debug and kdepimlibs-debug.

Also enabling "Debugger" in Akonadi Console might shed some light on what's
happening in the background that takes so long.

--
Daniel Vrátil
KDE Desktop Team

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348