Update to 4.11.1 Changed Kmail Settings

Garry T. Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 12:25:02 UTC 2013

On 9-22-13 23:58:56 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> None of your settings has been changed.  Notifications about new
> emails are now handled by a dedicated Akonadi agent instead of
> KMail, so your KMail notification settings is not used anymore. We
> have decided to enable the agent by default to better advertise this
> new feature.

Thanks for the follow-up.

OK.  This looked like the settings were changed.  I reset Configure
Kmail -> Accounts in the New Mail Notification section to make the
pop-ups stop.

> The advantage of a dedicated notification agent is, that it can show
> notifications even when KMail is not running, you can configure to
> be notified only for certain folders (for instance for inbox, but
> not for mailing list folder)

Ah, this would be nice.

But how is it accomplished?  I cannot see any options to notify based
on folder.  I looked at Configure Kmail -> Accounts and Configure
Notifications.  (I'm using Kmail on a Google account via IMAP and
doing the filtering on the server via Google tags.)

> and the notifications are much nicer -
> when there's only one new email, the notification will show sender,
> subject and start of the text (and sender photo when available);
> when there are multiple new emails, the notifications is like "3 new
> emails in inbox, 1 new email in Fedora-KDE".

Yes, I saw them.

--
Garry T. Williams