KMail bloat

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Thu Aug 7 13:50:15 UTC 2014

Sudhir Khanger wrote:

> On Thursday, August 07, 2014 01:46:41 PM Reindl Harald wrote:
>> just disable HTML mail
>
> There are HTML settings in Settings>Configure Kmail>Security>Reading. I am
> not sure if that also affects composition/sending emails.

I tried turning this off, and it had no effect on outgoing KMail email -
I would have found it totally illogical if it did have an effect,
since it seems to be explicitly concerned with Reading email.

> I find it pretty hard to use an Email client which doesn't show HTML
> otherwise most emails would turn out to be block of html code and pictures
> with block- icon.

I agree.
I would like an email client that can _show_ HTML,
but does not using it in _sending_ email unless requested.
I have been assuming that KMail is such a client,
if properly configured.

I have found no setting in KMail that prevents HTML in outgoing email.
If anyone knows where, or how, this can be turned off
(even if it turns off HTML when reading email)
I should be very grateful.

I'm wondering if it could conceivably have something to do with KWrite,
which seems to be the default KMail editor?
(I couldn't find the KMail Handbook, if it exists?)

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net