compress context menu

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 10 13:33:23 UTC 2014

On Sun 10 August 2014 15:08:18 Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 10.08.2014 um 15:05 schrieb Colin J Thomson:
> > On Sat 9 August 2014 16:02:39 Reindl Harald wrote:
> >> what is the provider of the "compress" context menu?
> >>
> >> i have here
> >>
> >>  * zip
> >>  * rar
> >>  * tar.gz
> >>
> >> so it recognizes that rar is installed
> >> why don't it offer tar.bz2 and tar.xz?
> >
> > If you select "Compress To" from that context menu you can choose bz2 and
> > other formats from there.
> >
> > F20/ 4.13.3
>
> if i could i would not ask from where the options coming :-)

:-)

FYI here is my context menu:

*Here
* zip
* rar
* tar.gz
* Compress To

So do you not have the "Compress To" option?

> F20 4.13.3 too and i can't remember that tar.bz2 and tar.xz
> existed in that context menu the last 5 years

I cant say as I use Krusader most of the time for compressing/decompressing
files etc.

> maybe jost delete some config file / folder in the userhome
> to let it refresh - but which

Maybe, you could just move the relevant files out of the way and test.

Colin

--
Fedora 20 - (Heisenbug)
Registered Linux user number #342953