Apper inconsistent with yum and dnf

Peter G. pgueckel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 23:54:04 UTC 2014

Regularly, after having updated my F21 system with dnf,
I notice that apper suddenly indicates that there are a
few updates available. I rerun dnf and it says nothing
to do. Then, I sometimes even try yum and it also
indicates that no packages are available for update.

Why does apper constantly tell me there are updates
available, even after I just upgraded? What
repositories does it access that the others don't? For,
when I click the install button in the apper plasmoid,
something does appear to occur, although it is not
possible to tell, from the lack of output, whether an
upgrade is, in fact, enacted, but I would presume so.

What is happening?