Turning off touchpad in Fedora-21?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Dec 12 22:55:44 UTC 2014

bitlord wrote:

> Some laptops have special key combination to turn touchpad on/off.
> For example on my T400 it works with Fn+F8, and it shows notification
> that it is on/off. This can be a solution when available.

Thanks very much, that also works on my Thinkpad-T510.
But how did you find it? I've never seen it mentioned.

I registered a bug with KDE bugzilla before reading your solution.
But even after learning about it, I think that
a System Setting page with the title Enable/Disable Touchpad
might reasonably be expected to do that.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net