Does Fedora want to expel KDE from its offerings?

Sudhir Khanger ml at sudhirkhanger.com
Sat Dec 13 18:24:55 UTC 2014

On Saturday, December 13, 2014 05:02:51 PM Marko Vojinovic wrote:
>  Showcases:
>
>   Fedora Workstation showcase
>   Fedora Server showcase
>   Fedora Cloud showcase
>
>   Flavors:
>
>   Fedora Gnome flavor
>   Fedora KDE flavor
>   Fedora XFCE flavor
>
>   Spins:
>
>   Fedora Electronic-lab spin
>   Fedora Games spin

There is no point in adding another word to the name. Reminds me of how badly
named Android phones are. We don't want to keep explaining difference between
Showcases, flavors and Spins.

Upstream wants to use KDE for community and Plasma for desktop so that's what
we should use. GNOME and KDE are the only two release blocking desktop
environments and I would love to see following.

Fedora Workstation
Fedora Plasma
Fedora Server
Fedora Cloud