Network Manager is More Modular

Garry Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:00:54 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 12:18 AM, Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
> On 12/17/14 12:26, Garry T. Williams wrote:
>> Completely unrelated, I see that after a fresh install of the KDE spin
>> that that silly finger print reader again spams my journal.  So I will
>> have to research how to turn it off again.
>
> systemctl mask fprintd.service

Yeah, that was what I first did:

dbus[518]: [system] Activating via systemd: service
name='net.reactivated.Fprint' unit='fprintd.service'
dbus[518]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit
'fprintd.service': Unit fprintd.service is masked.

Then I just erased the package fprintd, but:

kcheckpass[10724]: PAM unable to
dlopen(/usr/lib64/security/pam_fprintd.so):
/usr/lib64/security/pam_fprintd.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory
kcheckpass[10724]: PAM adding faulty module: /usr/lib64/security/pam_fprintd.so

So there's something that still thinks that this authentication should
still be run.

This has been broken like this for as long as fprintd has been
included in Fedora.

Of course, this isn't in any way related to KDE.  :-)

--
Garry Williams