kde-plasma-nm - testing builds (only F20)

Jan Grulich jgrulich at redhat.com
Mon Feb 10 17:29:30 UTC 2014

Dne Po 10. Ășnora 2014 09:51, Orion Poplawski napsal(a):
> On 02/10/2014 07:40 AM, Jan Grulich wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > we've prepared testing builds of kde-plasma-nm including libnm-qt and libmm-qt libraries in COPR repository [1]. The testing version includes a new design and few bugfixes and it is almost ready for stable release, we are just polishing its design. If you want to try it, just add the COPR repository and run update of kde-plasma-nm together with libnm-qt and libmm-qt and you also need to update NetworkManager from updates-testing repository (currently there is NetworkManager-0.9.9.0-29.git20140131.fc20).
> >
> > Positive or negative feedback is welcomed. Thanks.
> >
> > [1] http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/jgrulich/plasma-nm/
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jan
> >

> In general, looks much better, thanks!  Couple comments:
>
> - I have some virbr0 interfaces:
>
> 3: virbr0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state
> DOWN group default
>     link/ether 52:54:00:6c:03:49 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
>     inet 192.168.122.1/24 brd 192.168.122.255 scope global virbr0
>        valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
> 4: virbr0-nic: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast master virbr0
> state DOWN group default qlen 500
>     link/ether 52:54:00:6c:03:49 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
>
> - in the widget virbr0 shows up in the available connections  as "Connecting"
> and has a spinner going.  I'm not sure if this was present under the old
> version or not - but it seems not correct to me.

According to google, virbr device (virtual bridge) comes from libvirt and it's possible that NetworkManager is trying to activate them, but without success, because it's not probably properly configured, so I would suggest to disable autoconnect.

> - I can't decide if having to click on the Connect/Disconnect button is a pain
> or not - I'd be tempted to be able to click anywhere on the connection to do that.

I would say that compared to the previous version it's a relief :)

Cheers,
Jan

--
Jan Grulich