KDE 4.11 on RHEL6 - Optical disks not recognised

Syam syamcr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 09:02:14 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm using KDE 4.11 (4.11.2, if I remember correctly) build from
Fedora-KDE-SIG (thanks) for RHEL6. After a fresh installation, I am finding
that optical disks are not recognised by KDE.

When I insert a CD/DVD, it is not listed by Device Notifier (USB disks work
fine) and also not in 'Places' panel of Dolphin. There is no direct way of
accessing the disk from KDE.
I can manually mount the disk from a terminal without issues.

I tried the same in GNOME and it detects the disk automatically.

Any ideas on where the issue might be?

--
Thanks,

Syam