Panel freezing

Gabriel Ramirez gabriello.ramirez at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 04:44:01 UTC 2014

On 07/15/2014 06:05 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I'm running Fedora-20 with KDE 4.12
> (not quite sure how one defines the KDE version now?)
>
> Every hour or so the panel does not take any input,
> eg I cannot change virtual desktop by clicking on them,
> although I can change them by eg Ctrl-F3 or Ctrl-F5.
>
> I haven't found any way to cure this
> except to log out and login again.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?
I'm experienced that but isn't too frequent,  in my  use case:

- kde with 12 virtual desktops in a vertical pager (and the free radeon
driver for desktop effects)
- I switch with ctrl-F{1-6} between the first 6 desktops frequently
- use the pager for the remaining and less used desktops
- the problem in my use case happens in 2 to 5 days of uptime ( so I
cannot get a proper test case to open a bug report)
- when It happens I click one virtual desktop and no switch between
desktops occurs or some windows are moved from a virtual desktop to
another or to all desktops

and I not see at the present because I changed from clicking in the
pager to:

- using the keyboard to select the first 6 desktops
- clicking in  the task manager sometimes using 2 click when the apps
have more than one window to select it
- using a desktop effect swiitcher  a keyboard shortcut to activate it
and F## to select it