Fedora Plasma Product announcement

Brad Hubbard bhubbard at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 21:58:32 UTC 2014

On 03/12/2014 07:36 AM, Lukáš Tinkl wrote:
> Hi list,
> this is to briefly announce our intent to create a new "Fedora Plasma
> Product"[1], as part of the fedora.next initiative. This product
> should eventually replace the current KDE spin.
> Today, during the regular KDE SIG meeting, we formally ratified its
> Mission Statement and Governance[2] documents.
> Prior to officially submitting the proposal to FESCo, we're going to
> work hard in the following days and weeks on refining and polishing
> the Product Requirements and TechSpecs documents.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Plasma_Product
> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Plasma_Product/Governance
>
> Feedback and comments from the community are welcome and appreciated.
>
> On behalf of the membership,

Hey Lukáš,

I'm interested in what virtual keyboard would be included (if any) in
such a release?

I'm asking because I'm playing around with getting word prediction going
on the Maliit keyboard for a disabled friend of mine and I'm interested
if this has been given any thought at this stage.

--

Kindest Regards,

Brad Hubbard
Senior Software Maintenance Engineer