Keyboard stopped working in KDE

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:00:58 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 08:20 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 03/12/14 07:47, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 06:28 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> >> Odd, that you're getting different ID's....   Yes, I'm using KDE.
> >> I've got "Generic | Generic 101-key PC" in the "System Settings" which
> >> I never changed from what it defaulted to.
> > As an experiment, I created a new user and logged in under KDE. The
> > keyboard worked normally.
> >
> > IOW it's something in my KDE config. Tracking it down is going to be
> > fun. Not.
> >
> > Apologies for the noise. I'll report again if anything interesting shows
> > up.
> >

> Good to know....
>
> BTW, is this the same system with the Bluetooth Mouse problems?  If that is the case, wonder if that is fixed as well now too.

Very good call. Yes, it's the same system but at first the BT mouse
still didn't work, i.e. no change, even after attempting to configure
it.

I then tried switching to a test user under Gnome, removed the BT mouse
and set it up again (I had also tried this under KDE) and this time it
worked. In fact both mice were working. I tried to switch back to my
usual KDE session but got a blank screen. I had to kill kdm and login
again, but now I have the BT mouse working under KDE.

Go figure ...

poc