Fedora Plasma Product announcement

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:23:27 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 01:17 +0100, Markus Slopianka wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 March 2014 18:26:30 John Aldrich wrote:
>
> > I'm confused... is this to REPLACE the KDE desktop or just work along side
> > KDE? From the announcement verbiage it sounds as if you're REPLACING KDE,
> > but from the details it sounds like it's just a renaming of the KDE
> > desktop.
>
> There is no desktop named KDE.
> http://dot.kde.org/2009/11/24/repositioning-kde-brand

That page says that there is a desktop called "KDE Plasma Desktop". The
Fedora announcement is about something called "Fedora Plasma Workspaces"
which is about "leveraging the KDE Plasma Workspaces technologies."

As often happens, it would appear that the announcers know what they're
talking about and hence assume it's clear to everyone else, but it
isn't.

poc