Fedora Plasma Product announcement

Laurent Rineau laurent.rineau__fedora at normalesup.org
Thu Mar 13 11:21:49 UTC 2014

Le Wednesday 12 March 2014 11:23:27 Patrick O'Callaghan a écrit :
> On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 01:17 +0100, Markus Slopianka wrote:
> > On Tuesday 11 March 2014 18:26:30 John Aldrich wrote:
> > > I'm confused... is this to REPLACE the KDE desktop or just work along
> > > side
> > > KDE? From the announcement verbiage it sounds as if you're REPLACING
> > > KDE,
> > > but from the details it sounds like it's just a renaming of the KDE
> > > desktop.
> >
> > There is no desktop named KDE.
> > http://dot.kde.org/2009/11/24/repositioning-kde-brand
>
> That page says that there is a desktop called "KDE Plasma Desktop". The
> Fedora announcement is about something called "Fedora Plasma Workspaces"
> which is about "leveraging the KDE Plasma Workspaces technologies."

The Fedora announcement is not about "Fedora Plasma Workspaces", but about a
"Fedora Plasma Product"

The cited page talks about "KDE Plasma Workspaces" and says there are two:
  - KDE Plasma Desktop
  - KDE Plasma Netbook.

> As often happens, it would appear that the announcers know what they're
> talking about and hence assume it's clear to everyone else, but it
> isn't.

You should read the two announcements (KDE rebranding and the Fedora Plasma
Product) more carefully. Maybe the announcement are not self contained, but
clearly you have mixed up things that were written distinctly.

--
Laurent Rineau
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LaurentRineau