Behaviour of system tray bandwidth indicator

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 13:34:42 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 1:24 PM, Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
> I just dragged a 4GB file in Dolphin to my NFS Mounted NAS.  A little circle popped into the systray area and clicking on it brings up a "Copying" box with information about how much has been copied and what the current transfer rate is.  This goes along for a few minutes and then finally a popup comes from dolphin indicating the transfer is complete.

That's what I'm talking about. If the circle widget has a name I don't
know it. My point is that the transfer rate is showing (say)
1.6GiB/sec (i.e. gigabytes) which is ridiculous. And of course the
transfer finishes immediately, which of course it would at that speed.
It's really not very helpful.

I also have a much slower machine (an Asus EEE) connected by WiFi, and
the indicator there is more aligned with reality, which is what makes
me think it's an artifice of buffering.

poc