Behaviour of system tray bandwidth indicator

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 18:53:39 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-03-18 at 18:29 +0100, Martin (KDE) wrote:
> Am 18.03.2014 11:09, schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
> > On Tue, 2014-03-18 at 07:46 +0100, Martin (KDE) wrote:
> >
> > rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,vers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768
> > namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,
> > mountaddr=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,mountvers=3,mountport=901
> > mountproto=udp,local_lock=none,addr=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,user
> >
> > which I interpret to mean no async, though maybe I'm mistaken. The
> > server side is exporting async but AFAIK that isn't important here.
> >
> > For completeness, here are the screenshots I mentioned:
>
> I have almost the same parameters listed (my r/wsize is significantly
> higher but I use gigabit). But I have set my Server to sync. So a
> Transfer starts to fill the cache but stays as transfering until the
> Server "commits" the transfer. Is the transfer finish (does the promt
> return) even if not all the data is sent to the server?

As far as I can tell, the prompt returns after the transfer has
finished, but of course the exact meaning of "finished" is not entirely
clear. It seems to mean at least that the bits have been sent over the
wire, which is good enough in this use case.

I'll try mounting as sync and see if it makes a difference. However even
if that "solves" the issue, I would still prefer to see something
meaningful in the pop-up in the async case. Maybe it's too hard to
achieve.

poc