Looking for a change

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sun Mar 30 01:04:17 UTC 2014

On 03/30/14 08:36, c. marlow wrote:

>  I am currently running Kubuntu 12.04 since nov, I am kind of looking for a change from the Buntus. Been running something buntu ( meaning xubuntu, kubuntu,) for a couple years now. I just feel like I am ready to try to learn something a bit harder.

Could you define what you mean by "a bit harder"?

> But I have one friend telling me SUSE and I am wanting to try Fedora. is one easier than the other to learn coming from the buntus?

I've used both openSuse and Fedora.  I never quite got comfortable with their package management utils.  They weren't bad I just felt they were a bit harder to figure out.

I also prefer the way 3rd party repos are handled in Fedora...especially when it comes to *gasp* nVidia drivers.

Both are RPM based distros which are more familiar to me since I've been a Red Hat user for a long time.

My "advice" would be to create a Fedora and Suse VM in your current environment and experiment to see which one you feel meets your needs.

--
Getting tired of non-Fedora discussions and self-serving posts