When it comes to upgrading

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Mar 30 11:45:12 UTC 2014

c. marlow wrote:
> oh so it would be a WHOLE NEW Learning curve then.. I thought ALL KDE DE
> used Muon across all KDE based distros. oh boy....

They're actually supposed to all use Apper, but Kubuntu decided to do its
own thing (Muon) instead (based directly on APT rather than on the cross-
distro PackageKit abstraction; there have been attempts at supporting other
backends in Muon since, but it's still realistically used only with APT).
Not Invented Here goes strong in Ubuntu land.

        Kevin Kofler