When it comes to upgrading

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Mar 30 14:18:44 UTC 2014

Am 30.03.2014 16:05, schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
> On Sun, 2014-03-30 at 21:11 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> When I run KDE only systems it is "apper" that pops up on the systray
>> to inform of available updates and what I use to perform the updates.
>
> Slightly OT: what's the recommended way of stopping that? I'd rather use
> yum and not have Apper pestering me. Besides which it occasionally holds
> grabs a lock while I'm trying to use yum (I presume that's PackageKit's
> fault)

just cleanup your system?

why is package-kit installed if you don't user it
why is apper installed if you don't use it?
why is anything installed you don't use?

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ rpm -q apper
package apper is not installed

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ rpm -q PackageKit
package PackageKit is not installed

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ rpm -qa | wc -l
1416