Why Firefox is not a good choice of browser for a KDE/Plasma-based product

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Mar 30 15:04:30 UTC 2014

Am 30.03.2014 16:44, schrieb Eli Wapniarski:
> So in the end, the choice comes is between a browser that doesn't work as well as it should but looks like it
> belongs (on many different fronts), or a browser that works the way it should but doesn't quite integrate.
>
> Sounds like the main desktop developers (ie gnome / kde / qt). Have not come up with an adequate solution for web
> browsing. That's why the vast majority of us use firefox or google chrome or both. KDE provides a way to integrate
> the look and feel of KDE onto the gtk based apps.
>
> Again... I for one would be using Firefox as my main browser regardless and since it is packaged with Fedora....
> Maybe...just maybe the hands should go up in the air and we should say "oh well that life" and provide Firefox
> because well... thats the browser people use.

if that main-developers would be interested Mozilla for sure
would not refuse code to make the integration better instead
install addons and themes which breaks from time to time

but forget the GNOME developers here, they appear to live
in their own world and are happy that FF is using GTK

KHTML as rendering engine is dead, look how badly it renders
with cms-customized webforms while any other browser agress
with the developers intention over at least 10 years

that's why there are enough rendering engines and the energy
should be put in pure desktop-integration and use one of
the established engines in the background