Why Firefox is not a good choice of browser for a KDE/Plasma-based product

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 15:48:16 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-31 at 17:17 +0200, Michal Hlavinka wrote:
> >> Quick html5 support test (http://html5test.com/) shows html5
> support
> >> in firefox is better.
> >
> > And Konqueror is not mentioned (though Safari is).
>
> You have to open that page in the browser you are interested about.
> * Konqueror:
> - KHTML 19 %
> - WebKit 73 %
> * Rekonq 73 %
> * Firefox 81 %
> * Chrome 91 %

If I open it in Chrome and compare the results for other browsers I can
see results for Firefox, Safari, Opera, IE etc., all in various
versions, but Konqueror does not appear. Nor is it searchable on the
site. When I open it in Konqueror it does give the browser
identification and a rating, but not otherwise.

poc