Update Disables Desktop Effects

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 09:03:09 UTC 2014

On 07/05/14 08:57, Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> K... Just a quick follow through.... And this is very cursive cause I gotta
> head to work.
>
> While desktop effects seem to work with the new kernel and some chipsets, there
> does seem to be a big hit on graphics performance.
>
> I need to test with glgears. Any advice on a more extensive test for graphics
> performance??
>
> Oh.... while I'm at it. Is there anyway to tell yum not to uninstall a specific
> kernel version??

yum won't uninstall the currently running kernel, so if you always boot
a specific kernel it won't be uninstalled.

Also the number of kernels yum keeps is controlled by the value of
installonly_limit /etc/yum.conf (3 by default), if you set it to 0 yum
won't uninstall older kernels at all. You can do that for now (and
uninstall older kernels manually) until the graphics issue is fixed on
your system.

--
Ahmad Samir