bluetooth mouse and kdm

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sun May 11 13:09:39 UTC 2014

On 05/11/14 04:21, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Eli Wapniarski wrote:
>> I have a logitech mouse that bluedevil can see and successfully pair. I
>> have no trouble on any account.
>>
>> But for some reason, I do not get my mouse to move until after I log into
>> an account. After I log into an account my mouse works just fine and
>> bluedevil reports that my mouse is paired and trusted.
>>
>> When I'm on the kdm the mouse does not move.
> BlueDevil only runs in user sessions, not in KDM.

Apologies for not starting a new thread...but this is sort of related.

I don't have any bluetooth adapters on my system and had disabled bluetooth.service.  By chance I executed bluedevil-wizard and found that it will crash with a segfault with bluetooth.service disabled.  I would think it should fail in a more elegant fashion with the service disabled.  Worthy of a bugzilla?

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis