Fedora 21 Alpha RC testing request

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 16 23:56:52 UTC 2014

Hi, folks!

In case anyone didn't see it elsewhere, we put 21 Alpha RC1 out for
testing today. It still has some kinks, but we really need to make sure
we have a reasonably complete test run on it and catch any remaining
blockers. If folks could help test particularly in their own areas of
interest, that'd be great.

The images can be found at
https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/21_Alpha_RC1/ - it's a fairly
big tree and the folder layout is still a bit of a work-in-progress,
sorry if you have to click around until you find something.

The test pages are:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_21_Alpha_RC1_Install
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_21_Alpha_RC1_Base
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_21_Alpha_RC1_Desktop
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_21_Alpha_RC1_Server

to test, basically, pick a test case from (one of) the table(s), run it,
and edit your result into the appropriate table cell using the
{{result}} macro - short version, {{result|pass|adamwill}} is a pass,
{{result|warn|adamwill|123456}} is a warning (aka the compromise between
'pass' and 'fail' - use it for things that aren't exactly critical fails
but are worth noting), and {{result|fail|adamwill|654321}} is a failure.
The number should be a Bugzilla bug #.

Please file bugs for failures; if the bug's serious, propose it as a
release blocker by setting it to block the bug 'AlphaBlocker' or using
the blocker bug webapp at
https://qa.fedoraproject.org/blockerbugs/propose_bug . Each test case
has a link to the release criteria that it enforces at the top - you can
refer to this in proposing the blocker. But please err on the side of
nominating bugs as blockers, we'd rather have a few to reject than miss
one we should have blocked for. Rejections do not go on your permanent
record :)

The test cases have milestones listed alongside them in the tables. Do
the tests marked 'Alpha' first, then the ones marked 'Beta', then the
ones marked 'Final', and the ones with no milestone come last (these are
optional tests that aren't usually expected to encounter release
blocking issues).

Later composes may follow - please do help test those too. We need to
run all the Alpha tests against at least one of the release composes
(ideally we'd run them all against all the RCs).

Thanks a lot folks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey